For the last few years we have had great success in reading the occasional international SF from countries like Germany, Sweden, Poland and China. It's been a mind expanding experience for us all and one we will very happily continue.
But in September, October and November 2015 we will be having a short season celebrating the BEST OF BRITISH SCIENCE FICTION. That's right, we'll be popping on our Union Jack waistcoat, pinning on our UKIP membership badge, drinking warm beer with Fish N' Chips, while reading British SF.
Our September reading list is set and features four short works, with two classic & two modern British SF novels.
Join us! And remember, there is only one night for each book!
- Sept 7th - High Rise - J.G. Ballard
- Sept 15th - The Death House by Sarah Pinborough
- Sept 21st - Behold the Man - Michael Moorcock
- Sept 28th - The Race - Nina Allan
- Oct 12th - Ack-Ack Macaque by Gareth L. Powell
- Oct 26th - The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August by Claire North
- Nov 9th - House of Suns by by Alstair Reynolds
- Nov 23rd - The Time Machine by H. G. Wells
- Nov 30th - The Time Ships by Stephen Baxter
As part of this first Best of British season there will also be a special one off talk with Dr Matthew Beaumont of UCL on November 12th entitled Piece of Darkness: The Invisible Man and his Afterlives.